Finca Rosa Blanca
Concept: An exclusive hideaway focused on coffee, culture, comfort, art, and design. Surrounded by volcanoes yet close to international airport, Finca Rosa Blanca's rooms, restaurant and bar have magnificent views.
The Finca is Costa Rica's first boutique hotel. This exciting destination is where the adventurous and curious traveler will experience the history and cultivation of coffee in Costa Rica and the cuisine, music, arts and culture of the local communities while being cared for with personalized attention and world-class service.
Aside from being pampered in our world-famous, 13-unique suite eco-resort, you will enjoy the perfect climate while you discover the misty cloud forests of the volcanoes surrounding our organic coffee plantation. You'll also experience nearby wild rivers, waterfalls, and canopy tours in the towering trees and encounter the wildlife of the national parks including the rare quetzal, tapirs and peccaries.
The lovely setting is ideal for a small destination wedding or honeymoon.
Location: The central highlands of Costa Rica, not far from the international airport.
Accommodations: The finca offers two extraordinary master suites and 11 elegant yet whimsical junior suites - four of which can be united to form two spacious villas. All rooms include Jacuzzi baths and mini bars, as well as private verandas overlooking the lovely Central Valley and the volcanoes above or secluded patios surrounded by tropical abundance.
- Rosa Blanca Suite - A master suite and stunning duplex with the sleeping quarters occupying a tower 40 feet above the ground. The suite has a 360-degree view of the surrounding lush countryside and the Central Valley beyond. Stairs built around a Cristóbal tree trunk lead down to the master bathroom. There is a hand painted tropical rainforest mural surrounding the bathtub-pool which is fed by spring water cascading down a stone waterfall. Guests will enjoy their own bar and sumptuous living room which opens onto a large private patio overlooking the coffee plantation and exotic foliage below.
- El Ranchito Suite - A well-appointed master suite which occupies a lovely open-air bungalow, a traditional style Costa Rican structure with cane ceilings and murals throughout. The bathroom has a luxurious Jacuzzi bathtub surrounded by lush gardens. A large sitting room and deck provides views of the Higuerón trees above and the coffee plantations below. Guests will enjoy their own bar and sumptuous living room which opens onto a large private patio overlooking the coffee plantation and exotic foliage below.
- La Ventana Junior Suite - A junior suite named for its famous window mural of the view outside. Features a rustic hand-made bed with an extra bedroom for the family. Its spacious private terrace has a magnificent view of the Central Valley below.
- El Valle Junior Suite - El Valle is an airy junior suite with an extra bedroom to sleep one extra person and a renovated bathroom complete with a Jacuzzi tub. There is an garden outside next to a large deck with a fantastic view of the Central Valley.
- La Piedra Junior Suite - Featuring a king- size bed supported by a large stone. Suite includes a sumptuous bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and incredible views of the Central Valley from the windows and terrace.
- La Carreta Junior Suite - A large junior suite with a king-size bed, a comfortable sitting room with a sofa bed, an elegant bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, and a large private terrace with garden views if the Central Valley.
- Las Aves Junior Suite - A whimsical junior suite with a spacious bathroom covered with murals and equipped with a lovely sky lit garden Jacuzzi tub.
- El Guarumo Junior Suite - A junior suite where you can sit on your private terrace or bask in a free form tub overlooking a Guarumo tree and the far-flung reaches of the valley below.
- El Cafetal Junior Suite - Features a sumptuous king-sized bed, a Jacuzzi bathtub large enough for two which overlooks the valley, and a fabulous tiled bathroom which is filled with natural light. Guests can enjoy the sunset from the private deck which is suspended over the flowing landscape.
- Villa El Boyero - Features 2 king-size beds, day beds in the living room area, mini-bars, and private terraces overlooking the valley below. The bathrooms include sky-lit Jacuzzi bath tubs and hand made tile work. Made up of the junior suites El Pino & El Higueron which can be opened up and joined to create Villa Laguna which will sleep a large family or a group of friends.
- El Pino Junior Suite - A junior suite which features a king-size bed, large living and dining area with kitchenette, and spacious deck over-looking the coffee plantations below. The bathroom features a sky-lit Jacuzzi bathtub and rustic handmade tile work.
- El Higueron Junior Suite - A junior suite which features a king-size bed, and a day bed in the living room area, mini-bar and private terrace overlooking the valley below. The bathroom includes a sky lit Jacuzzi bath tub and hand made tile work.
- Villa La Laguna - Features 2 king-size beds, large living and dining areas with kitchenette and spacious decks over-looking the coffee plantations below. The bathroom features a sky lit Jacuzzi bathtub and rustic hand made tile work. Made up of the junior suites La Guaria & El Roble which can be opened up and joined to create Villa Laguna which will sleep a large family or a group of friends.
- La Guaria Junior Suite - A junior suite which features a king-size bed, large living and dining area with kitchenette and spacious deck over-looking the coffee plantations below. The bathroom features a sky lit Jacuzzi bathtub and rustic hand made tile work.
- El Roble Junior Suite - A beautiful two room junior suite with a private deck adjoining the bedroom, a day bed, a hand-painted mural over the king sized bed, a Jacuzzi bathtub, and sumptuous Costa Rican hardwood floors and furniture.
Dining: El Tigre Vestido & Bar Buho are located in the owners’ former home. Expansive decks and views of the Central Valley and surrounding coffee farms, as well as two fireplaces and comfortable couches for relaxing add to the experience.
Each sunny morning you will wake to an exquisite breakfast, with freshly brewed organic coffee grown on iste, and succulent mango, papaya, pineapple and bananas from the Inn’s own organic orchards.
The Chef draws on Costa Rican and international culinary arts using local fresh seafood and organic meats and poultry to create an extraordinary, a-la-carte menu with specials that change daily. The elegant dinners are set around the fireplace with inspiring views of the Central Valley below.
Activities: Day tours from Finca Rosa Blanca are a great opportunity to see the surrounding countryside. And returning back to the Finca you always feel welcomed. Start with The Coffee Tour, and see how they raise their beans, but also learn the business of the bean. They also offer a Village Visit, Birdwatching, and a luxurious spa on site. Arrangements can be made to visit volcanoes, go rafting, do canopy ziplines, and more.
Contact us for prices
Sustainability: Since 1985, Finca Rosa Blanca has always had several important goals in mind: to leave the minimum possible trace of our existence and to be as eco friendly and sustainable as a small eco hotel could. Since the beginning of our adventure on our organic coffee plantation and hotel, we have concentrated on an ambitious plan of recycling and regeneration, social consciousness, and education.
The Finca Rosa Blanca Hotel seeks to demonstrate that sustainability can be incorporated into an upscale luxury boutique hotel setting by combining elements of environmental conservation, education, training, luxury, community development and innovative building techniques.
Best Practices and Sustainable Development
Solar panels to heat water coupled with energy saving auxiliary on demand heating systems
Underground electrical systems that do not interfere with surrounding wildlife or endanger the coffee workers
Our own organic shade grown certified coffee in menu offerings, to share with the guests and spa treatments
Recycling of the coffee “pulp” to be used as fertilizer
Copper/Silver Ionization system to clean swimming pool water
Recycled materials throughout the grounds such as roof tiles and waste receptacles
1 gallon flush toilets are used throughout the inn
Philanthropic donation programs to help the schools and our community
All of our employees are from the local area so we can “recycle” our earnings back into our community
Education of our employees, guests and neighbors about good practices
Linens made from Bamboo fiber (a very sustainable product)
An advanced vermiculture-based (worm beds) compost system to recycle organic waste
A greenhouse where organic vegetables and herbs are grown for our restaurant. The soil comes from composted material prepared in our recycling area. High quality fare served with fresh and local ingredients and many Costa Rican recipes