Galapagos Eclipse - 5/7 nts
- Pace: Easy and comfortable. Some 'wet landing's, walking on uneven terrain
- 8 days/7 nights (5 nights offered on Espanola itinerary; please call for rates)
- Scheduled dates: departures every Saturday (see alternating itineraries below)
- Contact us for pricing
- Complimentary use of kayaks and snorkeling equipment
- Click here for a free report 'The Best Time to Travel to Galapagos'
The Galapagos Islands offer a unique interaction with nature and their name is synonymous with survival and the celebration of the diversity of species on earth. It has been more than 450 years since their discovery and the islands remain largely intact thanks to the conservation efforts of the Galapagos National Park and the Charles Darwin Research Station. From your comfortable base aboard the M.V. Eclipse, you will be able to explore the best visitor sites.
There are many opportunities to hike, swim, snorkel, kayak, bird-watch and take great close-up photographs of the flora and fauna. For land visits, passengers are divided into groups of a maximum of twelve people, each with its own naturalist guide. Groups can be divided according to the physical conditions of the passengers. On the islands you will follow trails, walking at a leisurely pace, with your guide explaining the unusual sights you see. Afterwards, there is often an opportunity to swim and snorkel before returning to the Eclipse.
The Eclipse has surpassed the other options available in the Galapagos Islands, offering small excursion groups, unparalleled levels of personalized service and the amenities of a larger boat while still preserving the relaxed exclusivity of a smaller vessel. She is easily one of the finest ships in the Islands.
This expedition Vessel was converted specifically for cruising in the islands, and was designed to meet the exacting demands of upscale travel. The Eclipse is the perfect base for any Galapagos experience; a generously proportioned ship with a small yacht atmosphere. The Eclipse has 24 spacious, fully air-conditioned staterooms, with either a queen or twin bed configuration, plus 2 single cabins. Every cabin boasts either picture windows or large portholes, providing a view of the surrounding waters. All the ship’s twin beds can be converted to king-size beds upon request.
The Eclipse's features include a library, a boutique, a lounge and an infirmary, with a doctor on board at all times. One of the most popular areas on board is the observation/sun deck, ideal for stargazing, whale watching, or simply lazing in the Jacuzzi.In addition to the elegant indoor dining room, there is an al fresco dining area, where you can enjoy the islands’ spectacular scenery. All meals are served as a buffet style with all soft drinks included.
FAMILY DEPARTURES - Taking children to the Galapagos Islands is an immensely rewarding experience.The Islands are truly a magical place. It is a destination where fun and education coexist seamlessly and it is therefore a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience for a multi-generational vacation. The Child Coordinator will prepare activities for kids throughout the week including special briefings, meal times and menus, educational activities, and much more. They prepare colorful, kid-friendly cabins and also give children special gifts throughout the week. When there are at least 10 children on board, they can even have their own guide during excursions. On family departures children are accepted from the age of 4. On non family departures, children are acceted from the age of 7.
All cabins have sea views
Children under 12 will benefit from 25% discount over the gross rates on all departures except Easter, Christmas and New Year cruises.
- Included: All shore excursions with English speaking guides, All meals,soft drinks and juices while onboard, VIP lounge at Baltra airport on outbound flight from Galapagos, Complimentary use of snorkeling equipment, and 3mm "shorty" wet suits, Complimentary one-time fully stocked minibar in Deluxe Staterooms, Sharing transfers between the airport in Baltra and the dock
Not included: In case of increase in fuel prices, fuel surcharge will apply, Air tickets to and from the Galapagos Islands, Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee USD $100.00 per adult / USD50.00, per child under 12 years, Tourist Transit Card TCT at USD $10.00 per person (adults and children), Guide and crew gratuities, Fuel Surcharge is an additional charge imposed by local authorities, Alcoholic beverages
Sustainability: The Eclipse has been certified with the Rainforest Alliance “Smart Voyager” program since November 2007.The protection of the fragile ecosystem of the Galapagos Islands is their first priority and they are proud to fulfill the highest standards of management practices in an environmentally sensitive destination.
Environmentally Friendly Practices on board the Eclipse:
- Special filters in engines in order to reduce / eliminate the need to change oil & lubricants
- Black and grey water treatment plant
- On board desalination plant
- Special equipment for the adequate treatment of organic waste
- Separation of waste material and correct disposal
- Biodegradable cleaning materials and chemicals
- Guest shampoos and soaps are biodegradable
- Complimentary water bottles provided on board with refill stations
- All crew members are trained about environmentally responsible operating practices
Support to the local community:
- A modest portion of the sale of every cruise ticket is annually donated to a variety of worthy causes in Galapagos
- 63% of our employees are permanent or temporary residents of Galapagos